UNC Business Essentials Blog

Non-business major appreciates boost from program

April 6, 2010 By Mykia Johnson

I am very pleased with the UNC Business Essentials program.  I started the program in December and love the flexibility it allows to go at your own pace.  My favorite part of the program is the option to work remotely on your computer without being connected to the Internet.  This feature allows me to access my modules at any time and anywhere, which is awesome!  The tutors for each module have also been a plus for the program.  They respond promptly and thoroughly to questions posed so that you really grasp the concepts.
I would definitely recommend the UNC Business Essentials Certificate Program to anyone who wants an upper hand in life.  The material definitely gives you the foundation needed to soar in any career.  As a junior non-business major at Carolina, about to embark on my senior year, it is important that I have as much business knowledge as I can get.  It makes me more marketable given the current state of the economy.  Also employers are looking for well rounded individuals that can adapt in an ever changing working environment.
Receiving a UNC Business Essentials Certificate from the prestigious UNC Kenan Flagler Business School will definitely be an asset to my resume, and when I walk across the stage in May 2011 to receive my degree I know that I will be adequately prepared to take on whatever occupations life will lead me to.