UNC Kenan-Flagler Blogs

Santhia Muthusamy

Hello! I am Santhia Muthusamy, second-year MBA student at UNC Kenan-Flagler. I was born and brought up in Coimbatore, the second largest city in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Being the only girl in a household of six boys was mostly what inspired me to major in Mechanical Engineering during my undergrad. I hugely benefitted from the rigorous analytical and quantitative nature of the engineering program. Soon after graduation I joined Tata Consultancy Services as an engineering analyst and tremendously enjoyed tackling my clients’ problems.

I moved to the US in 2008 and started working as a Business Analyst in JP Morgan Chase’s Retail Banking division. After a couple of years, I was hitting a learning plateau and I felt the need to make the next big leap in my career. Here, I am at Kenan-Flagler making the leap! After my MBA I am planning to pursue a career in Business Development or Product Management with a technology firm.

I am the Chairperson for the Kenan-Flagler Habitat for Humanity Club. This has been a great avenue for me to hone my leadership skills and to get involved with the community in school and in Chapel Hill. I am eagerly looking forward to all the exciting opportunities and challenges in the second year of my MBA!