UNC Kenan-Flagler Blogs

Mayank Agrawal

Hi! I am Mayank Agrawal, class of ’14. After finishing my undergrad from Rochester, I started my career developing image sensors for the Motorola RAZR camera phones. While I was excited to put theory into practice, I was always more inclined towards the business side of things, for example, knowing the business decisions that made RAZR the best-selling phone in the world.

I joined Dartmouth College to pursue an engineering management degree to augment my business learning. I soon realized that management consulting was the best career for me due to its diversity of industries, different types of business issues, and the opportunity to work with sharp individuals from various backgrounds. I joined a strategy consulting firm in Boston working for clients ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to start-ups across diverse geographies and industries. Most recently I focused on M&A advisory for Korean and Japanese companies looking to invest in the renewable energy sector.

An MBA was a natural fit to further augment my consulting career. I am excited to learn from Kenan-Flagler’s global community, programs, and treks. I look forward to share my global experiences during my MBA journey. Go Heels!