UNC Kenan-Flagler Blogs

Kelly Lynch

Hey there!  My name is Kelly Lynch and I’m a recent addition to the UNC Kenan-Flagler Full-Time MBA Admissions team.  I’ll try to keep things brief, especially since my career duration isn’t more than a few years.

I was born and raised in Syracuse NY, but reluctantly moved to Cary, NC at the age of nine due to my father’s job.  Though I thought I could never love a place more than Syracuse, I quickly learned that “nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina.”  I went on to become a Tarheel and graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill in 2011 with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication.

After working as an editor for a start-up education policy organization in the Triangle, I relocated to California for a job in recruiting with Facebook.  Something about this place, this university and these people keeps me coming back though, and I’ve since returned.  I am now working with a phenomenal group of folks in admissions and look forward to the peak season ahead!

I suppose to cap it all off, I’ll add one of those generic “hobby” sentences, so here goes;  I love all things food, all things music, all things sports, all things family, all things having to do with board games and all things outdoors.