IMPACT

Student perspective

September 13, 2010 By unc kenan-flagler

This summer I had the opportunity to intern for ProLogis, an industrial real estate investment trust, in its D.C. office. In this project-based internship, my objective was to understand the government’s procurement process for industrial real estate and identify where opportunities exist.  After thirteen weeks of interviews, industry meetings and research, I presented my recommendations to ProLogis’ Executive Committee in Denver. Following my presentation, I was thrilled to learn that the Committee decided to implement many of my recommendations. I found the project extremely rewarding and relevant, and I enjoyed the internship, the people and the company immensely.

Returning to Chapel Hill for my second year, I’m determined to take advantage of the classes, activities and the area. Beyond these goals, I plan to continue to gain exposure to real estate, further develop my analytical skills and knowledge base and work toward securing a full-time position in the industry. I’m looking forward to staying involved on and off campus through club activities; consulting in the Business Communication Center; chairing Gala and Graduation in the Spring; and next month, running in a 208-mile relay race through the Blue Ridge Mountains with eleven of my classmates. Foremost this year, I look forward to making and building friendships, continuing to develop relationships with alumni and acquainting the first-year class with all that Chapel Hill has to offer.

Though I benefited from a fantastic internship, my real world exposure this summer reminded me to be grateful for Kenan-Flagler’s MBA program and Chapel Hill. I’m proud to represent this school and excited for the challenges and opportunities ahead.

Heather Moylan
MBA 2011

Undergraduate university: Columbia University, B.A. in English Literature
Previous work experience: Analyst in Deutsche Bank Securities’ Global Commercial Real Estate Group
Summer internship: ProLogis
Concentration: Real Estate Finance and Development

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*